Tom Gha Gai Soup
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 baby bok choy, cut in strips lengthwise
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, then smashed
- 4 tbsp. microplaned ginger
- 6 cups homemade organic chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- 1¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. raw coconut aminos
- 3 cups cooked organic chicken, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
In a large soup pot, warm the ghee on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft. Add the bok choy and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the lemongrass stalks and microplaned ginger, stirring to release the fragrance. Add the chicken broth, lime zest and juice, coconut milk, fish sauce and raw aminos. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 15 minutes. Taste for salt and add a little if necessary.
Just before serving, add the cooked chicken and bring the soup up to required heat. Remove the lemongrass. Quickly ladle the soup into soup bowls and garnish with the cilantro leaves and wedges of lime.
Recipes created in collaboration with Pauli Halstead author of Primal Cuisine.
To learn more about how a nutrient-dense diet can help you reduce inflammation, depression, and anxiety check out Kelly Brogan’s new book A Mind of Your Own