Thai Salad with Ginger Dressing
- 4 cups head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, steak or fish, sliced thin or chopped
- 1 cup fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup microgreens
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- avocado slices
- cucumber slices
- ¾ cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lime, or more if desired
- ¼ cup Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. microplaned fresh ginger
For the dressing:
In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
For the salad:
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage in 4 tablespoons of the ginger dressing just to coat.
Arrange the cabbage on a large platter. Arrange the cooked chicken, steak, or seafood on top of the cabbage. Arrange the remaining ingredients, except for the sprouts and cilantro, artistically around the salad. Spoon some of the dressing liberally over the salad and garnish with the microgreens, avocado, cucumber slices and cilantro leaves. Pass more dressing if desired.
This dressing keeps well in the refrigerator.
Recipes created in collaboration with Pauli Halstead author of Primal Cuisine.
To learn more about how a nutrient-dense diet can help you reduce inflammation, depression, and anxiety check out Kelly Brogan’s new book A Mind of Your Own