Microgreens Salad with Oranges and Strawberries
- 6-8 ounces cooked chicken breast or fish (salmon is nice)
- 2 cups microgreens
- 1 orange, peeled, pith removed and cut into sections
- 8 ripe organic strawberries, cut in half
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons with the carrot peeler
- Several very thin slices of red onion, if desired
- 4 leaves red leaf butter lettuce
- Avocado slices
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
Slice the chicken breast or break the fish into pieces.
For the dressing:
In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
For the salad:
In a large bowl, combine the microgreens, oranges, strawberries, carrot and red onion. Whisk the dressing and spoon 3-4 tablespoons over the salad, mix gently to combine.
Place the butter lettuce leaves on two luncheon plates. Divide the dressed salad over the butter lettuce. Top with the chicken or fish. Garnish with the avocado slices. Spoon some of the remaining dressing on the salads as desired.
Recipes created in collaboration with Pauli Halstead author of Primal Cuisine.
To learn more about how a nutrient-dense diet can help you reduce inflammation, depression, and anxiety check out Kelly Brogan’s new book A Mind of Your Own