Magical Peach Arugula Salad
By Amie Valpone
Serves 6 to 8
Here’s a dish that provides a big payoff for very little effort. It takes about five minutes to throw this salad together, and the combination of peppers, peaches, and arugula is simply beautiful. Serve it in a wide bowl to show off its good looks.
- 10 cups arugula
- 5 medium ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- ⅓ cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the arugula, peaches, bell peppers, and walnuts.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the arugula mixture, toss, and serve.
Text excerpted from EATING CLEAN
© 2016 by AMIE VALPONE.
Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Get the book: Eating Clean