Recipe: Japanese Salad with Ginger Dressing
This salad is a delicious and fast way to use leftover cooked fish, or steak.
- The Salad
- 3-4 ounces per person leftover cooked fish, chicken or rare steak
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup English cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Cultured Veggies
- 1 sheet nori, cut into very thin strips
- 2 cups thinly sliced radicchio
- Garnish: ¼ cup microgreens (radish microgreens have a zesty taste)
- The Ginger Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. microplaned ginger
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
In a large bowl place the cooked meat, carrot, cucumber, scallions, and nori. Toss the ingredients with 2-3 Tbsp. of the dressing and mix well.
For the dressing:
Whisk together the dressing ingredients with a pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste.
Place the thinly sliced radicchio on 2 salad plates. Divide the tossed salad ingredients on the plates. Top with the microgreens. Spoon on a little more dressing as desired.