Grain-free Basil and Mint Summer Squash “Noodles”
By Amie Valpone
A terrific summertime staple that’s full of flavor and fiber without any grains. Did you happen to notice the simple directions for this recipe? Combine ingredients and serve. Easy as it gets.
- 3 large yellow summer squash, cut into thin strands with a vegetable peeler or spiral slicer (spiralizer) or julienned
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, toss to coat, and serve.
Text excerpted from EATING CLEAN
© 2016 by AMIE VALPONE.
Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Get the book: Eating Clean