Curried Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tblsp. coconut oil or ghee
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ tbsp. ground organic turmeric
- ¼ tsp. each—ground organic cardamom, coriander seed
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/8 cup microplaned fresh ginger
- ½ small head cauliflower, broken into small florettes and pulsed finely in the food processor
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded using the processor blade
- 4 cups rich homemade chicken broth (vegetable broth if you prefer)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime (more if desired)
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cilantro sprigs
Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add the carrots, spices, fresh ginger and cook several minutes until the mixture is aromatic. Add one cup of the chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes. Add the julienned sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and the remaining broth and bring to a boil. Add the lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer the soup for about 20 minutes. The vegetables will be tender. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and add more lime juice if desired.
Ladle the soup into large soup bowls. Garnish with the cilantro sprigs.
Recipes created in collaboration with Pauli Halstead author of Primal Cuisine.
To learn more about how a nutrient-dense diet can help you reduce inflammation, depression, and anxiety check out Kelly Brogan’s new book A Mind of Your Own