Citrus Beet Salad
- 4-5 ounces spring mix lettuce and thinly sliced radicchio
- 1 medium golden or red beet, peeled and sliced thin on a veggie slicer*
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- Remaining juice of orange and grapefruit
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine your salad ingredients. Squeeze the remaining orange and grapefruit juices over the ingredients. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss the salad.
*For a flavor variation, roast and peel the beets prior to making the salad.
Recipes created in collaboration with Pauli Halstead author of Primal Cuisine.
To learn more about how a nutrient-dense diet can help you reduce inflammation, depression, and anxiety check out Kelly Brogan’s new book A Mind of Your Own